University Graduation Requirements
Candidates for all programs must fulfill the following institutional graduation requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of all courses in the prescribed curriculum
- Satisfactory discharge of all academic and/or disciplinary sanctions
- Fulfillment of all financial obligations to Sonoran University
- Recommendation from the Faculty Senate
See ND Graduation Requirements for additional program requirements.
Graduation Ceremony Requirements
The minimum requirements to participate in the graduation ceremony include the satisfactory completion of all course and graduation requirements listed in the prescribed program of study, submission of the graduation application, and payment of the Graduation Audit Fee, see Tuition and Fees.
Issuance of Diplomas
Toward the end of a student’s program, the Registrar’s Office conducts a formal audit to determine satisfactory completion of graduation requirements. Results of the audit are provided to each student, who has the responsibility to respond to any deficiencies in order to fulfill the requirements for graduation. The Registrar’s Office issues diplomas four times a year following the conferral of the degree at the end of each academic term. The diploma is only issued when the student has fully satisfied graduation requirements for the prescribed program of study, upon meeting financial obligations to Sonoran University, and upon completing the Federal Direct Loans Exit Counseling as applicable.
Academic Achievement Awards
Each academic program recognizes graduating “with honors.”
- The College of Nutrition recognizes all students with a 4.0 cumulative GPA as graduating “with honors.”
- The College of Naturopathic Medicine recognizes all students with a 3.8 cumulative GPA or higher as graduating “with honors” and presents the award for Highest Academic Achievement to the student(s) graduating with the highest GPA and the award for High Academic Achievement to the student(s) with the second-highest GPA. Highest and High Academic Achievement awards require a student to have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.8.
Students who fail or receive an unsatisfactory grade in any course are not eligible to graduate with honors. For more information, please contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.