Appeals and Complaints

Student Complaint Resolution Process

Any student has the right to submit an appeal or complaint related to their grades, dismissal, readmittance, or as it relates to a specific academic policy, process, and other general activities at Sonoran University. For complete information on the policies and specific applications concerning appeals and complaints procedures please refer to Concerns and Complaint Resolutions in the Handbook. Student complaint and appeal forms can be found in the Student Solution Center on MySonoran. 

Unresolved Student Appeals and Complaints

If a student’s issue cannot be resolved after exhausting the institution’s procedures, the student may file a complaint with the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education. The student must contact the state board for further details:

Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education
1740 West Adams, Suite 3008, Phoenix, AZ 85007
602-542-5709 |

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) Complaints

For out-of-statestudents taking a distance education course through Sonoran University who reside in SARA states, the Arizona SARA Council has jurisdiction over Arizona SARA-participating institutions, including Sonoran University, in relation to non-instructional complaints. Instructional complaints, such as grade appeals, are not reviewed by the Arizona SARA Council and should not be submitted for review.

Prior to registering a non-instructional complaint with the Arizona SARA Council, the student/complainant must first complete Sonoran University’s Complaint Process. If the complaint is not resolved through Sonoran University’s process, the student/complainant should submit their complaint to the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.

If the non-instructional complaint has not been resolved through the complaint processes of either Sonoran University or the Arizona State Board of Private Postsecondary Education, the complaint may be submitted to AZ-SARA. Complaints must be submitted within two years of the incident.


Students of Sonoran University residing in California can file financial or academic complaints online at or call toll-free (833) 942-1120.